Sunday, June 21, 2009

"... and let it be good!"

Thanks Dad for being the quiet one, so that I have a better understanding of when to talk and when not to.
Thanks Dad for teaching me to ski. It is a part of my life that I love, miss, excel at, and it always reminds me of you.
Thanks Dad for putting in countless hours of boat driving, ballasting a boat just right while driving by yourself and pulling pin at the same time, traveling late into the night, and putting up with sometimes less than desirable people just so that I might have a chance to fulfil my dream of skiing.
Thanks Dad for always knowing how fast, how short, or how wide I need to tell the driver of the boat.
Thanks Dad for ALWAYS being on the shore to meet me when I got out of the water and always saying the right thing.
Thanks Dad for letting me be harder on myself that you.
Thanks Dad for getting me mad enough that 1 time I did my best performance.
Thanks Dad for always telling me, "If you don't want to do this anymore, we will find something else to do that makes you happy."
Thanks Dad for letting me marry Trae, I know you were scared, but I can't imagine being happier with anyone else.
Thanks Dad for your love and devotion to Mom and continuing to grow in your love for her.
Thanks Dad for fixing all the car issues we have ever had.
Thanks Dad for always making sure we have a Chilton's book for every car in the vehicle with us at all times.
Thanks Dad for trying to teach me how to back a trailer, that was the first time I actually saw and recognized your patience.
Thanks Dad for giving up your empty house because I have a crazy life.
Thanks Dad for going to the ends of the earth to show me that you love me, you are proud of me, and providing for me.
Thanks Dad for letting me sit on your lap, still.
Thanks Dad for being exactly who you are and not apologizing for it.
Thanks Dad for always offering to pay for meals.
Thanks Dad for wanting BOPS at 9:30 pm, I know I get my love of sweets from you.
Thanks Dad for being so selfless, I see you give of yourself to anyone in need at the drop of a hat. Whether you know it or not, that is one way I see God through you.
Thanks Dad for requesting the Reader's Digest version of stories, I get that from you too.
Thanks Dad for showing me how to have fun.
Thanks Dad for always taking fun to the extreme.
Thanks Dad for being the Dude.
Thanks Dad for everything.
Thanks Dad for being happy to do all of this because you love me.
I love you BATS Dad!

2 comments:

Librarian or Teacher said...

This is so sweet!

Amanda Wells said...

That is so sweet. I love your dad too! Thanks, Mr. Pat, for raising such an awesome daughter!