Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Point of View

This has been my daily scene all week long. And yes, I have loved every minute of it.

This is taken from my default spot at my family's lake, in the hammock. After last week's craziness of remodeling, I was really looking forward to this week of nothing.

Sadly, it is almost over. Monday morning, I start back to school. This semester will be more demanding of time, energy, and mental capacity than last semester. But I am ready for the challenge and the learning. The next picture is of the updated kitchen. We painted the cabinets and replaced hardware on them. We painted the walls a grayish green color. The slate floor is new but was done before we got there. We would like to replace the counter top, but that will have to come when the house funds have been replenished.


This is the small downstairs spare bathroom after its remodel. We painted the walls above the tile. Changed the sink and shower hardware. We also replaced the very outdated medicine cabinet which also housed the only outlet and light in the room. It was hideous. It was wide 70's model and I am so happy with how this came out. It's not HGTV or anything, but we are happy with our efforts.
Just for the record, I do want to brag again about my hammock home for the past week. I will miss that hammock. From that spot, I could watch the clouds form and move to where they were going, birds circle and dive, and planes zooming to their destinations. It was a lovely spot with a lovely breeze that seemed to blow and the exact moment I needed it to so that I was at a comfortable temperature. In that hammock, the tree it was anchored by shaded my head the entire day without having to readjust my position. That place is one of my most favorite places in the world. Oh well, back to school I go. My sweet Trae has made it back to California and starts work on Tuesday. I miss him so much already. This is going to be a really tough semester. I do not know when I will see him again. But it won't be soon enough.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Mon! Thanks for the sweet message! I'm glad your mom feels like she's going to have a better year. If you don't have good administration, it can really affect the job, but good ones make it so much better. I'm really happy for her with that. I hope school goes well for you this semester and that you and Trey can be together soon!

Megan Wood said...

You remind me of the Time Travelers Wife and I love you! I want to go to your lake and I also want that kitchen! You make me become jealous Megan.

Aunt Spicy said...

Ohhhh, love the pictures of the sky, and really love the color in the kitchen! you did a great job!