Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What a Break!

Well, last week was the first week of my break between summer and fall semester. I left straight from school and drove to North Carolina to assist Trae with the remodel rush to finish up all the projects he had started. We were up till 2 am every night and up at 8:30ish to try to get everything done. I am exhausted. We got all the painting, hanging cabinets, replacing fixtures and switches, and cleaning done about 7pm on Saturday evening. We needed to be in Mississippi on Sunday for Trae to do some work on the Jeep before he left for California on Monday morning. So we started our drive out of North Carolina towards Mississippi around 9pm on Saturday evening. We drove all night and pulled in the driveway as dawn was approaching. I looked at the clock as we were laying our head on the pillow, 5:50 am. Yes, Sunday was the most uncomfortable of days. We slept till around 9:30 am when Trae decided to get up to get started on the Jeep work. I got up with him, made him some breakfast and struggled with whether or not to start working on the laundry he needed done for his trip and the packing that I was to do for him. Well we stayed up for a while, I finally decided, or thought I was awake enough for this option, that I would just go lay down in bed and play on the computer for a while. I didn't think I was tired enough to sleep anymore, but my body was tired from the previous week of abuse I subjected it to. I think the computer "resting" plan only lasted about 30 minutes. Around 11:30 I laid my head on my pillow and closed my eyes. Apparently, several people came in my room and I didn't even notice. I am normally a very light sleeper so this always means that I was OUT! I was so OUT that when I woke up at 3pm, I felt fully rested and ready to start my day. I am still recovering, but I am a lot better than I was. Poor Trae had to start his drive to California via Omaha on Monday at 6:30am. I know that when he gets to California he will crash, after he works of course. He is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. His first shift is Friday pm. He will work the night shift for the first month he is there and then switch to a day shift. I feel so bad for him. I know his body is screaming for a break. He has always been able to handle sleep deprivation and crazy schedules a lot better than me. I am trying to get back on my regular school sleep schedule this week. I start back next Monday. Until then, I am taking full advantage of this week of nothing to do and am being lazy, relaxing and plan on reading a book.
I will try to get some pictures of the house up soon, but don't hold your breath, I am relaxing and definitely not rushing to do anything this week!

No comments: