Saturday, September 5, 2009

College Football Season


I have already expressed my love for college football here. I am writing this on the couch as Alabama is playing Virginia Tech for the first game of the season. I have missed college football so much. I have plans to go to a game this year, which I am thrilled about since I haven't been to a game since I was a student. I also hope that Trae can make it to a game this year. He has never experienced the magic and enchantment of an Alabama game at Bryant-Denny Stadium. This is an experience that can not be duplicated anywhere and is a completely intoxicating. There is no where like Tuscaloosa on a game day. I know everyone who is a college football fan says that about their team, but I really do think this is true about Bama. My grad school is a part of the University of Mississippi. I have never been a fan of Ole Miss. Everyone in my family has gone to Mississippi State, the in-state rivals of Ole Miss. I still am not a fan of Ole Miss and I actually don't really consider my grad school as a part of Ole Miss. It is so far removed and there are no athletics at my school. I am fortunate that one of my professors went to Alabama and is a huge Crimson Tide fan like myself. So as I sit and watch our brand new quarterback get situated and comfortable as the leader of the Tide. We are currently ranked no. 5, but I am not sure if we will stay at this spot for long. Of course I would love to be pleasantly surprised, but I don't want to expect too much from our new team. I am just excited to watch some football.

No comments: