Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ahhh! Bowl Week!


Well it is NCAA Football Bowl Week. A week long celebration of incredible athletes, good match ups, and awesome football. I love football. This is the last good hurrah of college football till next fall. Trae and I get quality time with each other watching football, whether we are by ourselves or with a crowd. Too bad Trae is working like a slave this week. He hasn't really been able to enjoy the great games that I have this week. It is sad because I really really enjoy watching football with him. At least he will be available on Friday, because Friday might as well be the National Championship in our house. Alabama plays Utah on Friday. I will not go into what I see wrong with this picture. But at least I get to watch my beloved Crimson Tide throw down some serious football on the Utes. I will cheer on Mount Cody, a powerhouse on the dominant defensive line. He is an incredible athlete who can rally the team and fans like no other lineman, yet when I see him, he arouses feelings of a giant teddy bear, a really good guy. A guy you just want to run up to and hug because he is so friendly and loving. But I guess gazing at the 365 lb mountain of a man from across the line of scrimmage is a different vantage point than where I am. No matter, I will be cheering for him and the rest of the guys on Friday. I told Trae not too long ago that we have to go to a Bama home game soon. Other than Disneyland, a home game at Bryant-Denny Stadium is probably the most beloved fairytale land I have ever been. The tradition, fans, houndstooth, chants, shakers, elephants and of course The Bear, I love it all. Seeing it on television so many times this season has brought me to tears with pride and emotion. I want to be a part of that again. I want Trae to experience it because I could never give it the justice it really is with mere words. Needless to say, I am excited about the game. But, I am before every Bama game. Roll Tide Roll!

No comments: