Saturday, April 4, 2009

Back in Atlanta


Thursday, Trae and I flew back to Atlanta to be with his mom while she is in intensive care. She has some unknown heart issues right now. Medicine levels are being tested and adjusted and cardiologist have been referred. There is discussion of the placement of a pacemaker. Her stability is not consistent right now. She can be coherent and stable the next and within 5 minutes have an abnormal heart rhythm and fluctuated blood pressure. The hardest part is not knowing which way she could go. It could get a lot better easily but, it would not take much for her condition to go wrong in very little time. Please continue to pray. Trae is flying out on Thursday so he can return to work on Friday. I am not sure when or if I will be flying back to California. His contract ends on May 2 so we will be coming back to the South anyway. Please pray for us also, that we might have the wisdom to figure out all of the logistics of this travel/moving/hospital situation.
On a positive note, we are so happy being back in the South. On my flight into Atlanta, it had been raining that day so it was cloudy. The clouds started to part as we were landing. As the lights of the city began to appear, I couldn't help but think, "I love this city." We lived in Atlanta for about 7 months last year. I absolutely love Atlanta. It is a perfect mix of friendly people with all of the great things about a city like restaurants, events, and great neighborhoods and not too many of the negatives. Atlanta does have crazy hectic traffic, but that is the worst part about living in Atlanta. It is a great city if you love Southern culture but need a city lifestyle. We feel rejuvenated having spent a few days here. Almost like we have been plugged up to our energy source, charged up. I must get on to bed.
I would like to give a shout out to my 2 newest readers... you know who you are!! A post to come about that later.

1 comment:

Librarian or Teacher said...

I've been praying. Hope everything is well.