Trae and I sent our moms flowers for Mother's Day. Since we are so far away from both of them, this was the best solution for us. We both love our moms so much. In honor of my mom, I would like to share a few reasons why I love her so much.
- She makes me laugh. Most of the time I am laughing at her because she does/says so many funny things on any given day.
- She is such a great sport about me giving her a hard time because of her funny moments.
- When I was little, laying my head in her lap, she would take some of my curls and brush them around and against my ear. At first she did it to give me a hard time and it bothered me. Now, it is one of the most relaxing sensations to me. I can get Trae to do it sometimes. I love it. Strange, I know!
- She had another child because I begged my parents for a sibling when I was young. At first I thought it was a mistake on my part, now my sister is one of my best friends.
- She taught me how to be a woman of character and faith; how to be an understanding sister, patient wife and efficient homemaker and loving future mother.
- She loves my Dad more than anything. I have been so blessed to watch their relationship only grow stronger as the years have passed.
- She is thoughtful; loving; selfless; not always graceful, but is always smiling; mindful of others' needs and feelings; and loves kids.
- She gives good hugs.
- She passed on her love of all things pumpkin.
So there is my mom. I love her so much. I wish I was there today to give her a hug. Happy Mother's Day Mumma! (LYABATS)
On another note, I made the best homemade biscuits today!! Recipe courtesy of Joy the Baker. You have to check out her blog. Delicious!