Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's Day


I am so excited about this Saturday. No, not because it is Valentine's Day. Actually, because it is V-Day, I should be pretty sad because I am about 2500 miles away from my husband! Not fun. I will discuss this later. I signed myself up for a sewing class and I am so excited about it. I have dabbled in sewing quilts for a little while. My first was one for my best friend's first baby. Then a big one for my sister's high school graduation, and my most recent one was a really big one for my grandmother for Christmas. Each one has been more complicated than the previous. The last one I actually did a lot of hand quilting for. I really liked how it turned out but I would like to get better. So for a birthday present for myself, I registered for this class. It is a really really nice and expensive quilting store in my area. They have absolutely gorgeous fabrics and they are kinda pricey so I don't feel too bad about signing up since I used money I got for my birthday. Anyway, I am excited to share the finished product with you all after Saturday!
Yay!! Picture upload worked!! Above is the fabric I am using for my quilt!! I am just so excited!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see :) Have fun at your class :)

Oh I'll have a giveaway starting tonight at my other blog here

www.firefly-shop.org

I'll be giving one of the things I make so stop by...I'll blog about it at both places :)

Courtney said...

Good luck with your sewing class!

Sorry to hear about being so far away!

Hope you had a great birthday!

Librarian or Teacher said...

I LOVE that fabric, it is so cute!!
I wish I could quilt. I have been wanting to make a quilt for the longest time but I feel like I would get too frustrated over it.

About the majors, I am getting my Bachelors in Elementary Education and then my Masters in Library Science. That way I can choose!

Can't wait to see what the other school you applied to says! I know it can be so stressful waiting.

CynthiaK said...

Great looking fabric! Good luck with the quilting.

And, thanks for popping by Crumbs!

Amanda Wells said...

Sweet! Ry has passed the quilt down to her baby sister, who is actually asleep with it as we speak! We've definitely gotten good use out of it!

Amanda Wells said...

Oh, and since i have no ability whatsoever to sew, you need to learn to sew baby clothes. ;)

Aunt Spicy said...

Oh gosh those fabrics are gorgeous! I can not wait to see what you come up with! And let us know what you think about the class, I have never taken one and am thinking I should!